With the popularity of the last underwear post at Christmas, I’ve been in-undated with requests from individuals and companies to write another. With that in mind and Valentines day coming up, I thought it was the prime time to do another review of some of the best underwear brands online that could spice up your romantic weekend, or simply just refresh your undies drawer!
From the last post ‘Don’t Get Caught With Your Pants Down‘ it’s obvious that us guys do care about our underwear; and attitudes to what we wear underneath our finery is changing. Researching into pants and socks I realised we’ll talk about it openly and genuinely care about what we look like in our undies…whether it’s at the gym, around the house or out to impress that special someone.
So here goes, ahead of Valentines day, if you want something new to make a subtle gesture to your other half, here’s some of what the internet has to offer, at really reasonable prices and of great quality!!
Keep an eye out below for some exclusive High Street Gent voucher codes too – there’s some cracking offers that some of companies below have given you guys! Be wise!
Blacksocks are currently promoting their UK launch – The Original Sockscription! Blacksocks has been delivering high quality premium socks on subscription since 1999. It is a Swiss company predominantly providing Italian made socks but also shirts, t-shirts and boxers. The service they provide is impeccable, unique and very premium.
As an already established service in Switzerland, Germany and in some parts of the US, Blacksocks have over 60,000 customers in 75 countries. At the moment they are aiming to increase visibility, site visits, brand awareness and sales in the UK, their launch plan is under way and part of that is utilising the powerful UK Blogging scene (hence us at High Street Gent snapping them up).
Blacksocks’ main target audience is money rich, time poor professionals who demand quality in every aspect of their lives, including how they look.
REVIEW: In terms of new products and info Blacksocks have recently bought out a new line of Funky socks, these are the top 5 on the funky socks page on the website, pictured above, as well as business ranges.
The material is nothing like that of any socks i’ve tried before…it’s so soft and keeps you toes warm in this crap weather! They’re fashionable, eye catching and we’ve had a lot of comments on them so far!
“Join an underwear revolution”
Manhood Undies is an online independent retailer of men’s underwear and swimwear based in the UK. They are more than just an online store; they are the start of a movement that is going to revolutionise the underwear and swimwear habits of men up, down and across the UK and hopefully the world! They want to educate the modern man that it’s about time he wore modern underwear.
You won’t find the usual selection of boring boxer shorts or the same swimwear that 1000s of other blokes have bought from a big High Street store. They have searched the world looking for the most exciting and stylish men’s underwear and swimwear. You won’t find their brands on the High Street, and some of them you won’t even find on other men’s underwear websites.
“The best online underwear and swimwear”
All of their products are selected personally by a team of passionate buyers who only select underwear and swimwear that is going to make your manhood look its best. We have a huge selection of styles for every occasion and use.
Their range includes everything from bold coloured briefs through to sexy see-through boxers (perfect for Valentines lads). They have a range of styles; you will find trunks, hipsters, briefs, boxer briefs, thongs and jockstraps.
REVIEW: We reviewed a pretty wide selection of undies sent to us from Mark at Manhood, here’s what we got:
- Junk Underjeans – Heist Trunk – these boxers are perfect for the gym, they’re supportive, have material that allows you to breath, all whilst staying stylish and fashionable.
- Cocksox / CSX – CSX03 Waistband Brief – is created with a retro style for the active guy. The CSX Sports Brief is also made from the same high tech Supplex fabric that wicks away moisture, retains shape, dries quickly and is extremely long lasting. Engineered with the sportsman in mind, this brief also includes heat press care labels (no scratchy tags), a fully breathable design, a contour support pouch designed for maximum comfort and a durable/long lasting structure.
- FIT-IN1 – Colour Day Brief – like the above this style of pant is perfect for day-to-day wear, the gym and all the time keeping you looking your best…who knows when you’ll be down to just your underwear!
- 2eros – Icon Brief – is a brightly coloured low-rise brief. The brief has thick bright white accent seams around the legs and crotch. The pouch seams are positioned to slightly lift and show off your package.The 95% modal and 5% elastane fabric of these briefs is light and flexible. The colour, cut and lifting pouch can make any guy stand out in the crowd.
- Freedom Reigns – Bodysport Brief – Their top selling trunk features inner straps that are unnoticeable when wearing, but actually give the wearers buttocks considerable lift, much like underwear dose for women’s breasts. Style-wise, they continues to distance itself from competitors. The men’s underwear brand utilises trademark design features such as asymmetrical stripes, bold colors and trendy patterns. For being such a “super fun” brand, Freedom Reigns Underwear surely knows how to make and design amazing, competitive products.
If you’re after a one stop shop for all your pant needs (casual, sport, bedroom, etc.) check out Manhood Undies!
Wigwam care that thousands of manufacturers in this country sacrifice quality for less-expensive labor in other areas of the world, to increase the bottom line. They continue to lobby in Washington D.C. for programs that responsibly limit the quantity of imported products coming into this country while still pursuing a policy of fair trade with many global neighbours. They care about the environmental, sociological, and financial implications of this policy.
Wigwam want you to feel good about buying the Wigwam brand because they’ve set a standard of integrity that they strive to live up to every day.
The manufacturing facility is state of the art and getting more “green” all of the time. They have and are working with local utilities to improve efficiency and limit carbon footprint by installing solar energy panels to heat water, motion sensory lights to limit wasted power, and responsible waste management to re-use and recycle as much as they can.
For over 100 years, Wigwam has been dedicated to enhancing the lives of their customers. Wigwam have done this not just through providing them the finest quality socks, but by providing them with the assurance that their purchase of Wigwam socks supports its reputation of honesty and integrity.
REVIEW: Dan (High Street Gent) actually won a pair of these socks on a Twitter competition through Wigwam (you can win them guys, keep an eye out) and told us that they are perfect for long walks and hiking…the kind of sock perfect for wearing in chunky boots.
Located on the West Coast of Canada, in the city of Vancouver, PacificJock.com is proud to offer exciting, cutting edge designs by the finest international designers.
PacificJock.com is customer driven, with the emphasis on quality service and value.
“We specialise in men’s swimwear, men’s underwear, men’s jeans and sexy athletic apparel. This is your one stop shop for low rise jeans and other denim apparel, men’s underwear including briefs, sport briefs, boxer-briefs, boxers, thongs and g-strings, jockstraps, men’s swimwear including square cuts, bikinis, bodysuits, swim trunks, swim shorts and jammers. We also carry men’s lounge wear, pyjamas, athletic wear such as wrestling singlets, tights, workout wear, as well as muscle shirts, tees, tank tops and much more.
We carry the latest collections by industry leaders such as Rufskin, N2N Bodywear, Ginch Gonch, Joe Snyder, Gigo, Andrew Christian, Sweat Undergear, Ami Sanzuri, Gregg Homme, Ballbra and ZAKK.”
REVIEW: We were lucky enough to receive a pair of the Ginch Gonch briefs that were fantastic: supportive, stylish and appropriate for everyday use as well as for sport. If you after a versatile pair of pants, this is the pair for you! Head over the pacificjock.com and take a look at there mixed ranges with reasonable price tags. Their customer service is bar-non too. Go gents, go…
So there we have it chaps – my top picks of underwear for Valentines Day, go treat your other halves!