After the success of last week’s spotlight session and stepping away from the advice column, keeping it fresh, we’ve thrown another familiar face into the hot seat. In the second in this new series of posts, we’ve fired a series of questions at Rugby League’s Ryan Atkins, centre/wing for Warrington.
We thought you chaps would like to find out what the people in the limelight choose when faced with options, so here we go, here’s our quick fire interview with Ryan…
- What would you never leave the house without?
- The item of clothing you wear most is…
Bed shorts – I do like a comfortable short to relax in.
- Every man should definitely own…
A decent aftershave. Mine at the moment is Terre d’hermes
- What’s your biggest style pet peeve?
- Whats your preferred style of facial hair?
It varies, I’ve recently had a beard, but at the moment, stubble.
- If every day had 25 hours, what would you do with that extra hour?
I’d spend it with my girlfriend and daughter.
Seeing as I’m currently driving an Audi…an Audi.
- What’s your current song of the moment?
“One Dance” Drake. (My little girl really likes dancing to it at the moment).
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
When you’re criticised, don’t always take it as a negative, learn from it.
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
It’s got to be those biscuits Caramel.
- Were you not a professional football player, what do you think you’d be doing now?
I’d probably be a barber. Not many people know that I’ve recently qualified for some levels of barbering. I was in the local paper.
- Shop online or in-store?
In-store. I love shopping and it’s easier to go into town in the week between training.
- What was your first car?
It was an Emerald Green Vauxhall Astra. It had to have some body work done on it not long after I had it and the body work specialists filled the hole with newspapers. Haha.
- What’s your favourite clothing at the moment?
I really like the Nike Presto trainers at the moment, keeping my eye out on all the different colours.
- What’s the best present you’ve ever received?
When I was really young my Mum bought me one of those combi-track music players, you know the ones that you loaded tape cassettes and CDs into. I think it’s my most memorable present.
- Night in or night out?
- Jeans or Chinos?
- Boxers or Briefs?
- Who would you say is your style icon?
Kanye West. But not when he goes too over the top.
- What’s your tipple of choice?
Corona (has to be with lime).
- In your life at the moment, what excites you most?
Everything’s cool at the moment, but I’m really looking forward to the end of the season and heading to Mexico on holiday.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I’d to be living back in Yorkshire with my girlfriend, daughter and maybe more children. I’d also like to open my own barbers and be doing that.
A huge thanks to Ryan for sitting in the LNF hot seat with High Street Gent.
For more information regarding Lead Not Follow head back to the home page to easily navigate yourself through the different genres.
Keep your eyes well and truly peeled every Sunday from 8pm for cheeky updates and more insights from recognisable faces, to keep you all look fly…
Leave a Reply